We all have our preferences and your dog is no exception. Personally, I like my tea with milk and one sugar, I prefer walking in the sunshine rather than showers and I always sleep on the left side of the bed. We all function best when things are familiar and we are in routine and that’s exactly what we strive for when we look after your dog.
Before we welcome your dog into our setting we invite you to come and take a look around at our facilities. We also like to have the opportunity to gather as much information as we can to make sure that your dog’s time with us is as close as possible to it’s normal routine. We realise that all dogs are individuals and have their quirks and preferences and we are committed to provide bespoke care to meet your dogs needs. At K9 Country Club Services we have made the decision to offer only 1-2-1 dog care which means we only walk one dog at a time and we only provide day care and boarding for one dog at a time. This means that we can focus on your dog’s wellbeing and keeping to their routine.
We are interested in anything you feel is important about your dog and what will make them feel comfortable. Being parted from your dog can be stressful for both you and your dog and the more we understand about your dog the more secure we can make them feel. This in turn will hopefully reassure you that your dog is being well cared for and loved and you can relax on your holidays.
Things we may ask you about are:
- Your dogs history
- Any medical conditions, current or historical
- Vets details and pet insurance information and documents
- Feeding routine
- Sleeping habits and location
- Socialisation – how are they with other dogs?
- Exercise schedule – how often, how far, preferred location, off/on-led preferences, re-call off lead, any commands
- Play, games, treats, rewards
- Habits and quirks
- Things that may make them anxious
- Things that they enjoy
- Any rules that you apply i.e. not allowed on furniture
- Special toys, their own bed, their own food and treats – all their home comforts
We also hope to meet your needs too so we’ll ask you about communication while you’re away. We’re happy to call, text, whatsapp, facebook, Instagram and we can even arrange for your dog to facetime you! However if you want to enjoy your holiday and check in with us when you can, that’s okay too.
We offer bespoke, 1-2-1 dog care and when we say bespoke, we really do mean it! The more we understand about your dog the happier everyone will be.